What is Oculus Rift?
Rift is unlike anything you've ever experienced. Whether you're stepping into your favourite game, watching an immersive VR movie, jumping to a destination on the other side of the world, or just spending time with friends in VR, you'll feel like you're really there.
Rift uses state of the art displays and optics designed specifically for VR and the rift sensor tracks constellations of IR LEDs to translate your movements accurately into VR.
Where do I find games for Oculus Rift?
There are 3 ways to get games for Oculus rift:
- Head to the Oculus Store
- Buy Oculus digital credit from Store (Coming soon)
- Steam Oculus Ready Games. On Steam, you will find a range of games that are VR ready.
How do I know if my PC is compatible?
The easiest way to check is using the Oculus Rift Performance Test on your home PC.
See below for system requirements:
- Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD R9 290 equivalent or greater.
- CPU: Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater.
- Memory: 8GB+ RAM.
- Video Output: Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output.
- USB Ports: 3x USB 3.0 ports plus 1x USB 2.0 port.
- OS: Windows 7 SP1 64 bit or newer.
Do GAME sell PC’s that are Oculus-ready?
Yes! Oculus have partnered with ASUS to test and approve a range of ‘Oculus Ready’ PCs which are available in store and online.
If your PC is not powerful enough to run VR the most common upgrade required is the GPU. We have a range of GPUs available.
I am experiencing problems with my Oculus Rift?
carries a wealth of additional product information
The Oculus product guides are the best place to start, containing detailed guides on set up and troubleshooting.
If you still require help after using the above link contact the Oculus support team directly. They will be able to offer specialised support to you if you are having set up issues.