TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE READY PLAYER ONE PRIZE DRAW
- ACCEPTANCE: By entering this prize draw, you agree you have read and accept these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to verify any entries and winners and may refuse to award prizes where we have reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions. You can access these terms and conditions at any time during the prize draw at www.game.co.uk/terms. We suggest that you keep a copy of these terms for your own records.
- ELIGIBILITY: You may enter this prize draw if you are resident of the UK and 13 years old or older at the time of entry. If you are under the age of 16, you must have the consent of a parent or guardian to enter this prize draw and we reserve the right to ask for proof of that consent – if proof of that consent cannot be provided, you will not be eligible to win a prize. You are not eligible to enter this prize draw if you, or a member of your immediate family (which means parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners), are an employee, contractor or sub-contractor of GAME or Warner Brothers, or, in either case, any of their affiliate companies, or any of their advertising or promotion agencies. You promise that all the personal information you provide to GAME in connection with this prize draw shall be complete and accurate.
- HOW TO ENTER: You can enter the prize draw via Twitter by following the @gamedigital Twitter account and retweeting the qualifying tweet between the time the qualifying tweet goes live until 23.59 on 17/03/18. You do not have to pay to enter. You promise that your entry is original and owned by you, and you have not borrowed or copied it (in whole or in part) from anyone else or asked anyone to participate on your behalf.
- USE OF TWITTER: You must not use more than one Twitter account to enter, and must not retweet the same Tweet repeatedly. Multiple entries via Twitter in a single day will not be accepted. You acknowledge that the free prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.
- INVALID ENTRIES: We only permit one entry per person. Any subsequent new entries will be void. Any entry made or attempted to be made to the prize draw in a manner which in our reasonable opinion is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature unfair to other participants will be invalid and may result in your disqualification from the prize draw. Examples of entries or behaviour which are not allowed include fraudulent entries, bulk entries, automated entries, entries made on behalf of another person, cheating (including a person participating in the prize draw on your behalf), hacking, deception (including tampering with the challenge settings which will result in immediate disqualification from the entire prize draw), use of robots or other automated programmes. We will not accept illegible or incomplete entries.
The prize is that 5 (five) winners will each win one (1) pair of tickets to the READY PLAYER ONE European premiere on March 19 (7pm start, guests must be seated by this time) at Vue West End, Leicester Square
You must free to attend from 6pm on the day of the event.
You must make your own arrangements to travel and from the event. No accommodation is included.
If you are under 18 you must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
We may substitute prizes of equal or greater value. A cash alternative is available. Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may be considered a taxable benefit and the winners will be directly responsible for any taxes payable on their prize.
- OWNERSHIP OF YOUR ENTRY: You own your entry, including any copyright in your entry. By entering the prize draw, you agree that GAME (including our group and affiliate companies) may edit, publish and use your entry in any and all media (including print and online) for promotion and news purposes, both during and after the prize draw, without any payment to you.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: Five (5) winners will be selected at random within 8 hours of the closing date from all eligible entries made during the prize draw period. We will notify the winners no later than 12 hours after the closing date via Twitter direct message. We may ask the winners to submit valid identification before we send you the prize. Winners must claim their prize within 8 hours from notification or an alternative winner will be selected using the method described at 9 above.
- DELIVERY OF PRIZE: you will be met by a Warner Brothers representative at the venue to give you your prize.
- LIST OF WINNERS: You may request the last names and counties of the prize winners by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Ready Player One prize draw, Game Retail Limited, Unity House, Telford Road, Basingstoke, RG21 6YJ. By entering this prize draw you give us permission to make available your last name and county if you win.
- FINAL DECISION: Our decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of the winners of this prize draw.
- CONSENT TO USE NAME AND IMAGE: We or Warner Brothers may require the winners to participate in publicity or advertising. By entering this prize draw, you agree that we may and Warner Brothers may use your name and/or image for these purposes and that you will not be paid.
- OUR LIABILITY TO YOU: We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraud by us or our employees or agents. For any other loss or damage, we will only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of our negligence or breach of these terms and conditions, up to a maximum of £100. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of you entering this prize draw.
- WHAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR: We are not responsible for:
- losses not caused by our breach or negligence
- indirect losses – these are losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of you entering this prize draw
- entries lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted where such loss, delay, damage or corruption is caused by events outside of our reasonable control
- technical failures or errors affecting communication lines, website availability or systems errors where these are not within our reasonable control, or
- any failure to provide the prize draw, the prize(s) or to meet any of our obligations under these terms and conditions where that failure arise because of events outside of our reasonable control.
- LIABILITY OF THIRD PARTIES: You acknowledge that the prize is provided by Warner Brothers. We are not responsible for the performance of any third party involved in this prize draw or the provision of the prizes and will not be liable for any act or omission of a third party, including Warner Brothers, although we will endeavour to minimise the effect to you of any third party's failure. Third party terms may apply to prizes details of which can be provided upon request.
- DISPUTES: If you wish to take court proceedings against GAME you must do so within the United Kingdom. The law of the part of the United Kingdom of which you are a resident shall apply, for example, if you live in England the laws of England shall apply and if you live in Scotland the laws of Scotland shall apply.
- DETAILS OF PROMOTER: This prize draw is run by Game Retail Limited (“GAME”) a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered address is Unity House, Telford Road, Basingstoke, RG21 6YJ. references to “we” and “us” in these terms and conditions are references to GAME.